Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Florida Vacation

Who would of thought that I would of been back in Florida so soon after graduating...well I did it, and had a blast! Ryan called me up about 2 months ago with the idea and we just hit the ground running. I had a free ticket with southwest so once I got the time off from work I made reservations.

I got there Wednesday night and Ryan picked me up from the airport in Orlando. Didn't get back till around midnight so we just stayed up talking and having a couple beers then hit the sack. Torrie and Dustin were awesome and let us stay at their place for the weekend!


Thursday we made our rounds seeing old friends. First we went by the bike shop we both worked at and said hi to everyone there, it was cool to be back, still smelled the same. Then we went to the bookstore I worked at over the summers and talked to people there. Last stop was the school and we went around talking to old teachers and I went over the the detachment to say hi to everyone. We just chilled out until the baseball game for a couple of hours then met some people at the bar across the street until the games started. We all got a beer and ordered some food because we were starving and then we got to talking to the bartender. She ended up giving us free season tickets for the Daytona Cubs (only 3 games of the Season left and they were all that week). The game ended up getting rained out so we had one more beer then headed back to the house, saving those tickets for Saturday. When we got back we played sing star, a PS2 karaoke game, a ton of fun. MY old roommate got back that night as well so I dropped by my old house to see what they had done with the place to to see some old friends. Stayed over there for about an hour then went back at went to bed.

Friday was beach day number 1. To bad it was a little cloudy but the waves were good and we still got a little sun. We went and picked up Kira to go with us and ended up going to a beach up by here house in Ormond. That night we went to dinner at the Ale House then came back and passed out early because the beach really took it out of us.

Saturday was beach day number 2. This day was much better...it was sunny and huge waves. We ended up going south this time down by Ponce Inlet and had a ton of fun. Kira and I tried to swim out the the big breaks (7-10 ft) but the under toe was really strong and we ended up coming back. Ryan and I both put on sun screen but didn't re-apply...bad news bears. We both got burnt but Ryan was way worse off than me.

Saturday was also game night! We got in free with our tickets and then Ryan and I stocked up on our beer for the game with $5 32oz cups of Sam Adams Coastal Wheat...I love this beer. The Cubs ended up losing but we still had an awesome time!


Sunday, Ryan had to leave. We made our final rounds of Daytona and then he was off. Torrie, Dustin, and I were all exhausted so we all took naps that afternoon then we did pizza and movies that night. A nice relaxing evening.


Monday I had to leave :( It was sad getting on the plane but then again, I was excited to get back and boast about my nice tan in front of all the pale seattle people.

1 comment: