Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Seattle and Canada Trip

I have to say, this was a pretty awesome last spring break! I had so much fun with Sarah, her family, and Jessica...I don't even know where to start :)

Ok, so the first two days I was there I went to work with Sarah as a "volunteer" :) One of her jobs is the volunteer coordinator so I made her do some work...she retaliated by making me do work, so nice of her ;) The organization had just moved to a new building and their copy room was a mess so I used my amazing organizing skills to clean it up and wow what a difference when I was done. The people in her office were so nice, I hope I have co-workers like them when I start working.

We left Friday, bright and early, for Canada!


The boarder wasn't bad at all, it took us like 5 minutes to make it through. On the Canada side...it looked just like the US. The houses were the same, the cars were the same, the view was the same...we were basically still in the US besides the funny accents and the km/hr. Well, we made it to the ferry 30 minutes later but barely missed it so we had to wait around for the next one. 

Here is all of us on the ferry.

Jessica, Sarah, Me

We finally made it to the Bed and Breakfast we were staying at around 1pm...and wow, this place was awesome. When I booked it, the lady who owns it hooked us up with an awesome deal and put us in the best room there...the Olympic Grand Suite! This place was so awesome, the pictures below will show you why.

                

                                                    

I wish we could of stayed more than one night but it just would have been too expensive. After checking in to this place we went to this castle we found. This place was awesome! This nice little old lady gave us a tour of the first floor and sent us on our way. Sarah even set off the alarm when she stepped over the barricade to try to take a picture. I was hoping the mounties would show up but it was just this other old lady who gave us a dirty look the rest of the time we were there. Below are some pictures of this place.







After the castle we went to go watch the sunset on Mt Tolmie near the Univ. of Victoria. It is supposed to be the best view of the city and the surrounding mountains...it was amazing!





After the sun set went went back to the B&B and ate the baguette of bread, brie and mozzarella cheese, and grapes that we bought at the grocery store. We had a fire place so I had to get the fire going then we all relaxed and put in The Goonies! I missed like half the movie because I kept falling asleep. The next morning was the best part of the B&B! I had my devo's outside as the sun was coming up which was beautiful. Before breakfast we decided to make some Earl Grey tea which was awesome. Even more awesome is the fact that after I took a shower I found a robe in the closet...this all combined into an awesome picture!



We then went down to breakfast...a 4 course breakfast! It was amazing. It started off with some tea, then homemade granola, plain yogurt and an assortment of fruit, then came the lemon scones with homemade raspberry jam, and last but not least...eggs benedict but instead of ham there was smoked salmon and a slice of tomato! The rest of the day involved touring this amazing garden for a couple of hours, geocaching and walking around downtown Victoria. It was very sad when we left this place, we had such a good time! 








The next day after we got back, Sarah and I just relaxed because we were both worn out from Canada. We made apple cinnamon pecan pancakes which were super delicious then watch Newsies, an awesome movie by the way, then made the best cookie bars ever! They are called Nanaimo bars and are probably one of the best deserts I have ever had. Her mom made this awesome soup for dinner and we watched Mamma Mia. Snap, two musicals in one day :) 



My last day there, Sarah had to get here car emissions test done and get new tabs, then we walked around a park, went to lunch with her parents, geocached, went to my favorite place to eat in Seattle called Assimba which is this amazing Ethiopian restaurant, then went bowling. Now bowling, this is a crazy story. It was Sarah, Jessica, and me. Let me preface this with my average the last time I bowled, 106. With that said, I did much better this time ;) I started the game off with a turkey in the first 3 frames. by the end of the game I had two open frames with 9s and the rest strikes and spares. I ended up with a 199, my second highest score ever! 





This trip was incredible! It was in an amazing place, with amazing people! For my last spring break ever...I totally went out with a bang!    


No comments:

Post a Comment