Thursday, April 8, 2010

When gardening pays off...literally :)

Today is Thursday and that means no school and no work! My green thumb started throbbing so I decided to go out on this beautiful, sunny, 85 degree day and do yard work. It ended up being like 5 hours of yard work, but when I was finished it looked amazing. 

I started with pulling weeds in the front yard garden...man, were there a lot of weeds. Most of the weeds were dollar weeds and they are super annoying. If you don't stay on top of these guys they can make some intricate root networks which make them really hard to get rid of. Easiest way I found to destroy them was to dig your hand under the root system and sift the dirt till the roots were on top. So I was doing this for about an hour then got to one of the bushes. As I dug my had under and started to sift I noticed what looked to be money. I pulled it out of the dirt and it was a $20 bill! I was so excited I got up and did a little dance...glad no one was watching ;) 

So by the end of the day I had weeded, mowed, weed-eated, raked and blew everything away with my blower...and got paid $20!!! Totally worth it :)  


1 comment: