Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lead Me

I heard this song on the radio today and it really hit me. I love the words to this song by Sanctus Real. Listen to the song below.


I'm not married and I don't have kids yet...but wow, this song is really gripping. As a husband and father, when that time comes, I want to be able to lead with strong hands, stand up when they can't, show them that I am willing to fight, and that they will always be the loves of my life. What is so very true about this song is there is no way you can ever be this man with out first being lead by God. He is there to give you the strength and the confidence to be everything He has called you to be. The last three stanzas I want to make my prayer:


"So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I am called to be
Oh, Father, show me the way
To lead them
Won't you lead me?

To lead them with strong hands
To stand up when they can't
Don't want to leave them hungry for love
Chasing dreams that I could give up

I'll show I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life
So we can call this a home
Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone"

Even as God prepares me now I pray I will take this to heart and keep trusting in God in everything I do. He is almighty, all powerful, glorious, and abounding in love. He has a plan for my life and I have to keep trusting Him, keep in His word, keep glorifying Him, and He will lead me in the path He has set for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment