Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Road Trip to Seattle (Day 5)

LAST DAY!! Waking up that morning was awesome. Slept to 7:30am...latest the whole trip because today was a short drive respectively, only 8 hours. Only two states today, Idaho, and Washington! The border of Montana and Idaho was probably to coolest part of the whole trip. Right before I got there the temperature got down to 34 degrees and it started to snow! Then I hit Idaho
My only stop in Idaho was in Coeur d' Alene which means heart of an awl in French and was meant as disrespect to the native Americans that lived in the area way back in the day.

The Brooks Seaplane Base was the next thing on the list...funny thing...it consists of one plane. It made me laugh. I also took a picture of a flag near the base just because the colors were awesome.

The saddest part of the trip was come to find out that the Welcome to Washington sign was blocked by construction machinery along the interstate and there was no welcome rest stop either. I hadn't missed one state until then and it had to be the last and most important one.

The next thing on the list was Sing a Bing Crosby song as I drove past the Crosby Student Center at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. I decided to make a video so I could prove to Sarah that I actually sang, haha. It was a lot of fun.



I had to make one more stop before I got to Seattle. My friend Peter has been talking about going to the concert at The Gorge in Washington and as I was driving along I saw a sign for it so I had to pull off just to say I went to the Gorge before he did :)
It was an awesome view especially watching the rain move in over the gorge.

And finally the view I had been waiting and hoping that I would see...Mt. Rainier
Clouds were covering the peak but you can just picture the rest, this mountain is HUGE!

I then finally made it to Seattle. My legs and arms were almost shaking just from driving for 5 days when I got to Sarah's office. I was just glad to not have to get back into a car for a while. It was an awesome but surreal feeling that I was actually here and that whatever happened I was stuck here because I was broke and couldn't make it back to my parents, 3143 miles away. God is faithful though and had a job and room waiting for me when I got here...well the job took a little more work than I had planned but I kept trusting and He provided. Something really cool that the girl I am subletting said at our small group meeting last night that I was her answer to prayer. It was awesome to hear her say that but what was even cooler was the fact that she was my answer to prayer...God works in awesome ways. It is really exciting to be walking in the path that God has set for me right now and to see it intersect with God's paths for other people. I am so excited to find what He has for me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment