Thursday, June 24, 2010

What it means to be a MAN

Haha, you wonder why I emphasize "man"...just ask Susan. I come over for dinner all proud of my new tool box that I just got for my job at a bike shop. (This tool box...I must say... is a manly sized tool box, 4 drawers with enough room for all my tools and future tools I might need) She then decides to say that, and I quote, "you are finally starting to become a man." Basically, you were a boy and now, are still a boy but just closer to being a man. She was just messing with me and I knew it...it was a nice laugh.

I am a man, a young man, but still a man. The tool box does not make me one, but it does add to the manliness a little :) Every day I learn from Godly, wiser, older men like my father, what it is to be a man. God has made me into the one He wants and I pray that I will continue in His path that He has for me, as a man.

All I know is this, possessions, status, money and other things along these lines does not make you one. What makes you a one is that you fight for the weaker and the ones you love, stand for what you believe, and trust in God for everything. I love how John Eldredge in "Wild at Heart" describes what a man soul longs for, "a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue." God has engraved these on my soul.

My new "Manly" tool box :)

No comments:

Post a Comment